Wellness & Healthy Living
- HealthFinder – a gateway site to help consumers find health and human services information quickly
- Men’s Health Information Center – information on health issues for men, including links to government clearinghouses and many private sector organizations
- SF Farmers Market
- WellSteps – worksite wellness solutions to help reduce healthcare costs and increase productivity
- Women’s Health Information Center – a “gateway” site that has attempted to organize information on health issues for women, including links to government clearinghouses and many private sector organizations
Prevention & Awareness
- 5 Ways Service Dogs Help People with Cancer – In hospitals and homes all over the world, therapy and service dogs are called on to provide companionship and assistance to people facing cancer. Learn how dogs can help cancer patients cope through diagnosis, treatment, and beyond.
- Alcohol and Increased Breast Cancer Risk Factors – Learn why even moderate drinking can increase a woman’s risk of breast cancer.
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Lung Association
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Chemotherapy and Swimming – Learn how infections, chemotherapy and swimming relate in this informative guide.
- Foods to Avoid During Cancer Treatment – The results of developing a food-born illness can be serious. Learn what foods to avoid to steer clear of this danger.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Mayo Clinic
- National Cancer Institute
- Navigating Cancer Care: How Cancer Is Treated – The cancer treatment options your doctor recommends depends on the type and stage of cancer, possible side effects, and the patient’s preferences and overall health.
- Oral Cancer Self-Examination – Your dentist or orthodontist should be screening you for abnormal cells at least once a year, but you can help keep an eye on your oral health using this printable guide.
- Signs and Symptoms of Cancer – The signs and symptoms of cancer are dependent upon where the cancer is, how big it is, and how much it affects the organs or tissues. Learn more about what bodily changes shouldn’t be ignored.
- Skin Cancer Early Detection – This resource from the Skin Cancer Foundation provides information on how to identify symptoms of trouble, and a printable sheet for recording changes in moles or birthmarks with each self-check.
- The Guide to Top Cancer Fighting Foods – Are you eating enough cancer-fighting foods every day?
- A to Z List of Cancer Drugs – This list includes more than 200 cancer drug information summaries from NCI. The summaries provide consumer-friendly information about cancer drugs and drug combinations.
- Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (practical health care information and research to help consumers make informed decisions about health care issues).
- CMS – Federal agency who administers Medicare, Medicaid & CHIP
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
(800) 638-2772 toll-free hotline
(800) 638-8270 toll-free hotline for hearing impaired
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health and Human Services (HHS)
- State Payroll Tax & Revenue